Thursday, September 4, 2008

ArE yOu ReAdY fOr SoMe FoOtBaLL? oR FaLL?

"It's the most wonderful time of the year" Sean is humming.



No, not for Christmas and no not for school starting, but because of {FOOTBALL}. I will say goodbye to Sundays, Monday nights, & goodbye to my computer. (Getting updates for Fantasy Football! - Sean's in 3 leagues!! -thank goodness we have a laptop too!) Well, I don't have it as bad as some of you women out there. Some of you are what they call "Football Widows." {Honestly, I'm just in it for the {chips and salsa!} Hehehe!}
Well, I can also say goodbye to Saturdays and afterschool time until 7/8pm! Sean is coaching JV Football too!








But...Oh... There won't be many more days to sit outside and enjoy the last fleeting days of summer. But I'm okay with that. I am a true lover of {autumn a.k.a Fall.}



(yes I love my dog too...hence the name!) I love the leaves blowing and rustling around the corner of the house and the chill in the air. The smell of burning wood in our {cozy} fireplace. A bubbling pot of hearty soup on my stove.




Maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself. After all, we still need to get through "Indian Summer" which tends to show its face right at the last moment when you think you are safe from a warm spell.
I love the fall colors! The deep reds, greens, golds, purples, browns and blacks. Bringing out the cozy blankets and throws to {snuggle} into with a cup of tea or coffee and a good book to read or movie to watch. I'm already starting to feel so cozy! And doing our favorite Fall activities...apple picking out East, lunch at the Cooperage Inn, buying Briermere pies {yum}, picking pumpkins, planting mums, buying roasted corn, and venturing through a corn maze. Ahhh.....I can feel the cool, crisp air already.... {Lookout Autumn!!}...here I come!



No comments: