Sunday, June 6, 2010

YeeHaw! Yippy Yeah! A Western First Birthday Celebration! Part I


For Christian's First Birthday we decided to go with a "Western" theme. Complete with cowboy attire, BBQ, and animals!

The Decor/Theme ideas:

Oriental Trading is a "gold mine" for theme supplies. I also found items at Birthday in a Box and Party City.


Kid attire were coyboy hats, bandanas, sherriff badges. We served BBQ- Hamburgers, hotdogs, Pulled pork, brisket, ribs, beans, cole slaw, mac salad, potato salad, "wagon wheel" mac n' cheese. I found western plates & bowls. We rang a "triangle" to call everyone for "chow time"! The craft was a horse door hanger from OT. There were coloring pages for the kids to color. The goody bags were red bags with bandana baggies inside. The "loot" was western themed goodies. I also made candy bar "wrappers" with 1st information and chocolate dipped pretzels. I then hired a "petting zoo" from Lollipop Ponies which came to the house with a llama, goats, chickens, bunnies, & ducks. They were set up in pens on my side lawn & the kids could feed them. It was so cute! Then I had a Western cake made by JamieCakes.
















No comments: